Monday, April 12, 2010

Hey everybody!‏

Sorry about last week, P-day got all mixed up with running errands and so e-mail time was pretty short.

But Davaunte was baptized this last Saturday! It was such a great baptism and I was glad that I got to be a part of it. Seeing his dad come up and hug his son with tears in his eyes after the baptism was such a great sight. It's moments like those that make this whole mission thing a real blessing and not a sacrifice at all. There really isn't anywhere I'd rather be right now than here in the Gila Valley. If it weren't for you all staying in Utah, I would live down here in a heart beat, and I would not miss all the snow.

Unfortunatly tonight are transfer calls and it's really up in the air as to whether I'll be staying or going. I've been here for 3 transfers so I could be up for a change anyways, also with new mission leadership and some mission cheese that has been happening, Elder Davis thinks that President will step me up to be a zone leader. On the other hand, our Stake President here is really pushing for all his missionaries to stay put so that they can reap the blessings of the temple that we've been working so hard with members to produce. We'll see though, I really can't tell. I'm trying not to think about it because whenever I've been confident I'm leaving then I end up staying and when I'm confident I'm staying I end up leaving. Such is life here in the mission field. I'm hoping for one more so that I can stay here for the open house and the dedication. We'll see what happens.

We've been teaching a lot lately and we've found some pretty good investigators.

One is named Travis Ziggler. He is married to a member and wanted to take the lessons. At first it seemed that his desire to learn was more a desire to fit in with the family but as he's been learning, a testimony has been growing and he's really enjoying the Book of Mormon and the church. He has a baptism date set for the 8th of May!

We're teaching a handful of other people right now and we'll keep you updated on them as things progress. No one else, besides Travis, has a baptism date as of right now but we're going to be setting some new ones this coming week.

Well, tell everyone that I miss them all and hope they are all doing great. Send my love to all those in the Taylorsville 16th Ward and the Taylorsville South Stake. Oh and Glen Roundy from the 26th ward is here in the mission right now. He's waiting for his visa so he can go to Argentina. I haven't gotten a chance to see him but I've had President Walker tell him hi for me.

Love you all

Elder Harris

0 comments: