Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm sticking around‏

Well transfer calls were last night and I'm sticking around. Elder Larsen is getting transfered though. It seems that I can't hang on to a companion for more that a transfer since Elder Vermillion went home. Oh well. My new companion is named Elder Burke. I've never met him but aparently he's struggling a little bit and so I'm suppossed to help him out. I guess I should be glad that they thought of me to help him get back on track but I'm still trying to get over the fact that it sounds kind of like a "babysitting" assignment. Hopefully it won't be too bad. We'll see.

Since I'm staying you can send my next batch of meds to the same place, and this time I was wondering if you could include a couple jars of Grandma's turkey, that would be awesome.

This last weekend was kind of lame. Holidays are never fun as a missionary. Everyone uses it as an excuse not to do anything. Because of it, no one was at church and now no one has a baptismal date anymore. Kind of a bummer. Vanessa is still struggling with the faith to keep commitments but we're still working with her, and the Nepali's still have a hard time understanding what we are teaching. Unfortunatly there is no mission in Nepal so the prospects of finding a member of the church who speaks their language is not likely going to happen. Right now we're waiting for the book of mormon in Nepali to come in so we can use that to teach them. The funny thing is they keep bringing more and more friends over for us to teach with them. It's kind of funny. They're a good family that I know would accept the gospel if only we could communicate.

I hope you guys had fun with the fireworks. We had to be in our apartment by 9:00 and our apartment is in a funny position and so we couldn't see any fireworks. I was kind of sad.

Well, love you guys and we'll talk to you all later!

Elder Harris

PS - Lexi Jurado finally got baptized.

After I left she went through the temple open house and the spirit touched her heart there and she called he missionaries wanting to be baptized. All those prayers were answered.

0 comments: