Sent: Mon 3/09/09 2:49 PM
Hey everyone, this week has been mega crazy. We lost all but two of our investigators and now are on a huge finding frenzy.
This week Elder Burt and I woke up at 4:30 in the morning on Thursday so we could go and speak at a morning side at the local seminary. We spoke about the events leading up to our missions and what they could do to prepare for their missions in the future.
We also ran into an existentialist while tracting. He opened the door and was real excited to see us. We thought he had some sort of vision and would want to be baptized right away. Then he said "I've been preparing to talk to you guys for a long time." the conversation was kind of funny, most of it went right over Elder Burt's head, but funny enough, he almost got the guy to commit to praying.
I met a poor wayfaring man of grief this week as well. We had just been dropped and were heading back to our car to go and see another investigator when a man flagged us down. He asked us if we would pray for him to get home safely. He was heading way out of town and had been away from his family for a couple of months. He told us that he was a short a bus fare so I opened my wallet to see what I could give. I had exactly the amount he needed. At that moment a story popped into my head that Gary Wilde (a member of our ward) had once told me, about when he was working on a temple and a man asked him for money. Ask him to tell you the story, it's pretty kool. Anyways I gave him the money he needed, we prayed and parted ways.
Love you all tons, can't wait to hear from you next week.
Elder Harris
PS: How did the state basketball tournament go?
Monday, March 9, 2009
What a week.
Posted by David at 2:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment