Thursday, April 30, 2009

No time online 4-24-09

Dear Mom, Dad and everyone-

Right now my district is watching the Joseph Smith movie, so we had to cut emails short so we could get there on time.

Life here in Tucson is awesome. It's getting hotter here. This week it got up to 104*! That just happened to be the day that I was on exchange in my District Leader's area, which is an all bike area. It was pretty awesome, we were biking all over the place and I'm pretty sure that Elder Lybberts area is all up hill. It was a long day but something really cool happened while I was there. We were visiting some people on the less active list and we visited a family where the mom and dad were inactive, the children are unbaptized. Elder Lybbert and Elder Bliss wanted to start teaching them, so we tried to set something up. The mom, as it turns out, was recently diagnosed with MS, about the same time that I was. We started talking about the disease and the various treatments. Despite her husbands initial objections, she agreed to have her family hear the missionary lessons.

Elder Lybbert is convinced that I was the cause, that I had opened the door for those lessons to begin. I knew that the trial of having MS would be for my benefit, but I never realized that it would help me with my missionary work. Out of trials and hardships the Lord has provided miracles.

Thank you all so much for your letters and I'll try to get back to you all soon. Take care everyone.

Andy

0 comments: