Hey everybody! First off I would like to give a special thanks to all of our friends and family who have served or who are currently serving in the armed forces. I would especially like to thank my friends Andrew Horrocks for his service in the Marine Corps and my friends Jeff Weaver and Spencer Dom for their service in the Army. We truly are blessed to live in this country and be able to worship and live freely and protected. We wouldn't have these freedoms without the brave service of the men and women in the armed forces.
Next on the list - the work. Right now Elder Bliss and I are working with 3 people who are progressing towards baptism and will hopefully be setting a couple more baptism dates in the coming week. The three people we are working with now are Jeff T, Kurt W, and Jesse R. Jeff grew up in Safford, or mini Utah, and when we first met him, called himself a dry (unbaptized) mormon. He has taken the lessons so many times he remembers the flipcharts. He finally decided that he needed to be baptized and so he is progressing towards the 20th of June. Jesse is also working towards the 20th of June. He is a recovered narcotics addict who has a great testimony of Christ. He now helps other addicts overcome their problems. Finally Kurt was introduced to the church by his friend. He has been searching for "Clarity in his life" and is finding it in the church. He plans on being baptized on the 27th of June. It's been great to see the progress of these people as the gospel is changing their lives. Please keep them in their prayers.
Finally I would ask that you keep Elder Bliss in you prayers. He is struggling with the work and sometimes has feelings that he cannot continue in the work. I refuse to let any of my companions go home without doing all I can to keep them here, so all the prayers you can offer on his behafe would be appreciated.
I love you all very much and wish you all the best in what ever you are doing.
Elder Andrew Harris
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
5/26/09 Letter
Posted by David at 2:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment