Monday, June 15, 2009

Tracting Isn't Worthless!‏

This week Elder Bliss and I had a cool experience tracting. We were praying seeking for inspiration on which street to tract and Elder Bliss felt prompted to tract a street called Newton. We were about 6 or 7 houses down when we saw a man working on his car outside his home. We went up to talk to him and he just said "Look guys I really don't want to talk to you." We paused for a second, and he then started to tell us about his son who recently passed away. He was about our age and was a Jehovah's Witness and so he went out knocking on peoples doors just like we did. The image of us was too much for him as the memory of his son was still very tender. We went in with the plan of salvation about death and the resurrection. As we were teaching his wife, Myra, and daughter, Itzal, came out and were listening. We asked if we could come back and teach them more later and the wife wanted us to come back to teach he daughter and answer her questions. The wife, though a christian, couldn't really exlain what happens after we die, and he daughter had alot of questions.

We went back the following evening and taught them both the entire plan of salvation. The husband wasn't willing to join us. Elder Bliss went back a few nights later to teach the Restoration, while I was teaching Kurt. They believe that it's true but we found out the they were going to mexico and wouldn't be back until school started back up again. So Elder Bliss showed them Mormon.org and encouraged them to attend church in Mexico and to continue reading from the Book of Mormon. We cannot wait until they get back!

So tracting isn't completely worthless Other than that nothing really new is happening.

Kurt is still doing awesome, and this transfer is almost over. I'll find out next Monday night after e-mails if I'm going anywhere. I'll have Bro Nicodemus e-mail you if I'm shipping out.

Love you all!

Elder Andrew Harris

0 comments: