Monday, August 31, 2009

My Stomach Hurts

So we just came from Buffalo Wild Wings, where Elder Elton and I did the "Blazin Challenge!" 12 wings dipped in their blazin' sauce which is made from jabenaros and chayenne pepper from India. I did it in about 4:45. Elder Elton did it in about 2:30. To win the challenge you have to do it in under 6 min. It was rediculously hot. I was crying the whole time and my mouth is still burning. I'm not going to be feeling well tonight :( I got a shirt though. They were out of anything but smalls so i really can't wear it, but oh well, it was worth it.

Being a District Leader is ok, training other missionaries is kind of wierd considering I'm younger than them all and I am standing up in front of people and teaching them. The Assistants asked me to do a training for Zone Training this coming Wednesday. It's about making sure our investigators pray, and pray correctly. I'm kind of nervious about it because about 22 missionaries are going to be there but it shouldn't be too bad.

Finally we have an investigator named Israel. I think I've talked to you about him before. He's 17 and he is doing awesome. He is all set to be baptized, we are just having to wait for him to be done with his Juvenille Probation deal. He has to pay a fine and wait until October :(. He's a good kid, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong crowd. We're excited for his baptism! (I just hope I don't get transfered before then.)

Well I love you lots and we'll talk to you all next week.

Elder Andrew Harris

PS. I have Blazin' Sauce on my white shirt :(

0 comments: