Monday, October 19, 2009

Patience

What a week.

We just got done with an appointment with Israel's probation officer and it looks like we're waiting for a while longer, maybe not until December. It's kind of frustrating since we've been working with him since July and he's been ready since August, but oh well, all in the Lord's time.

It's really cool to see that Lord's hand in a lot of little things. For a while we've been teaching a man named Johnny Garcia. His ex-wife and all his kids are members of the church but he never joined because his mother-in-law got mad at him for not dressing up for church. Johnny has had three strokes in the past few years so teaching him hasn't really been effective. We were able to sit down with his kids, who have been less-active since their teenage years, and come to find out that they want their kids to be taught and baptized! We're excited to help them come back to church and help their kids to experience the joy of the gospel.

Adrianna, Tyrel Andreason's (the less-active son of President Andreason) girlfriend is also doing well. Tyrel even came to church this week which is a huge improvment. He moved in with his older brother, Monty who is a big influence on him and I think Adrianna learning is a big help too :)

Not much else to report other than I Love you tons
Elder Harris

PS. transfer calls are next week and I'm 99.9% sure I'll be staying. The only way I'd leave is if President wants me to be a Zone Leader somewhere.

PPS. Here in the southwest we run into alot of spanish people and I hate not being able to communicate with them. I've been trying to remember some of my spanish and I've been reading the Book of Mormon in spanish, and I'm to the point where I can explain who I am, bear my testimony of "El Libro de Mormon" and give them a pass along card but I want to improve. I was wondering if you could send my/a 501 spanish verbs book, and/or anything they gave Sam in the MTC. President told me that I should try and pursue this and I feel it's something the Lord wants me to do also.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I still have my 501 Spanish Verbs book, if he needs it!

Vivian said...

ME TOO! ME TOO! But mine is hashed...