What a week... I got that pesky call from Elder Sargent on Monday night telling me that I would be going to Safford Arizona to be a district leader. I was really sad to leave and I'm finding myself homesick for Las Cruces. I was hoping to spend my Birthday and Christmas with those people who had become my family. Oh well, I'll have to find some family here.
My new companion is Elder Vongsawad. His family is from Thailand, and he is crazy, we've had a lot of fun already. Him being my companion was probably the best part of this transfer. He was one of the first missionaries that I met when I started and he took me out contacting that first day. I've wanted to be his companion ever since. He's getting close to going home which is too bad, but he's still got a few more left in him.
I still haven't seen the temple yet, it's not in my area but it's pretty close by. They announced the open house and dedication dates and I would have to be here for 6 months to be apart of it, but who knows? I might be here when it happens.
Safford is pretty condensed as far as members and it's a lot like Utah, everyone is either a member, less-active, jack mormon, or anti-mormon. The work here is different than in Tucson or in Las Cruces. We've got a few good things going on though and there is a lot of potential here in the Gila Valley as far as missionary work. There is actually going to be a baptism on Wednesday!
Well I love you tons and hope you enjoy my party....
Monday, December 14, 2009
A Bittersweet Move
Posted by David at 3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment