Monday, December 7, 2009

Challenging Week

Wow, the Lord really does know how to humble you. We had a big blow this week and we lost a lot of investigators. The VanDorens who were doing amazing inexplicably dropped us, for no real reason. They said we could still be friends but when a member went over to invite them to the Christmas devotional they exploded on him and told us to never contact them again. I feel bad for the member because he is the nicest guy in the world. :( There goes one golden family.

Then Joshua's mom got sick this weekend so they didn't come to church so we had to drop Joshua's baptism date and because she was sick we weren't able to go over there and reset his date. So as of right now we have no one with a date and no one at church :( but that's ok, we're going to have a good week this week and turn it around :)

Transfer calls are tonight and I'll have someone let you know if I'm staying or going...

As for presents... if I'm still here in Las Cruces I'm going to have you send all that stuff to the Taylors. They're the family we're spending Christmas with so I'll just open birthday and Christmas there, all at once. If not I'll let you know where to send stuff.

As for the music, I would really like the CD "Joseph - A Nashville Tribute to the Prophet" but other than that here are the guidelines: Listen only to music that is consistent with the sacred spirit of your calling. Music should invite the spirit, help you focus on the work, and direct your thoughts towards the Savior. Do not listen to music that pulls your thoughts away from your work, merely entertains, has romantic lyrics or overtones, or dulls your spiritual sensitivity by it's tempo, beat, loudness, lyrics, or intensity. so.... Mo-tab, and really anything really that you could buy at like Deseret Book or Seagull Book... if it doesn't work out I'll just pack it way for after my mission.

Well I love you all and we'll see you later!

0 comments: