I'm getting fat. I weigh 200 pounds now and my belly and face have some pudge to them... :( I might pull a Sam and lose it all the week before I go home... speaking of which. Another missionary told me that President Walker told his parents no to picking him up so... you might want to call President Walker and verify.
I was also wondering if General Horrocks (Andrew Horrocks) has a mailing address or e-mail that I could get, c-lamb too.
Anyways... This last week has been a really good one. Billy and Julie both passed their interviews last night and so they're all set for their baptisms on the 23rd. Austin should be getting his interview this Thursday.
This last week we had a powerful few lessons with Chris Rudd. Over the New Year he disappeared for a couple of days and, we don't know, but we're pretty sure he was out drinking. He was with friends that do and we also know that he smoked a lot that weekend too. Since then he has seemed to be very un-natural. We worried about his testimony and the level of his repentance. So we had powerful lessons on Repentance, finding answers through prayer and last night we committed him to throw away all of his cigarettes and never look back. We called him this morning and he's doing good so far. The only problem is he lives down the street from a Circle K and it'll be really easy to buy more. We pray that he doesn't. To be baptized he needs to be completely done by Saturday but I think that he'll be done for good now. Teaching Chris has been awesome! He's looking really good for the 30th.
That about covers it for the week... love you!
Elder Harris
PS - 200 lbs for Andy is a BMI of 24.3, in the normal range. Dad
Monday, January 11, 2010
Fun Week
Posted by David at 3:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
This is Elder Niel Burnett's mom answering Vivian's question. Elder Niel's address is:
Paraguay Asuncion Mission
2881 Del Maestro c/ Caballero
Barrio Herrera
Asuncion
Paraguay
Thanks for asking. I comment on his mission photos as a post on our family site, but set up the site mostly for Niel's mission photos.
Take care!
Post a Comment