Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tough Week

Well I feel like a total turd now.

Yesterday Bro. Harris in the 4th ward ripped into me a good one because apparently some of the ranch people who belong to the church up there stumbled across my blog. It really offended them and especially offended Bro Harris, being a convert from there and trying to help his family along too. No more blog, as for damage who knows. I might have shut the doors for some people but I know God is merciful and it'll take a lot more than sticking my foot in my mouth to keep someone out of the Kingdom of God. I'm writing a letter of apology to Bro. Harris and I hope that he shares it with his family.

I let President Walker know how upset Bro. harris was. He was planning on keeping me in Sahuarita but now he's not so sure, he's going to pray about it. We'll find out what will happen tonight. I really don't want to stay, being here is kind of awkward, knowing how fast news travels, especially in the church. But at the same time I don't want to just run away from a mess that I started, although I don't know how much I can fix at this point.

Well there ya go, I'm now offically one of those missionaries that everyone will be talking about in the years to come about how I pissed off the ranch people. I have been approached by a few members who aren't, well at least don't seem to be too upset with me and want to help make it right, so hopefully this won't make it hard for missionaries who are coming in.

Anyways, nothing really has happened this week. Amy is still awol. The McGees had to cancel their appointment on Tuesday and we haven't seen them since and who knows how friendly Tristan is going to be now because news travels faster on the ranch than it does in the church, so who knows how that one is going to turn out now.

The one good thing that happened this week was we met James Hughes. He's an awesome guy from England who moved to Texas at 16. He believes in God and Jesus but doesn't have a real religious base. His wife is Catholic but he doesn't like the Catholic Church. He was very accepting of the gospel and has been reading all the things we leave for him. We taught him the Restoration on Tuesday, Plan of Salvation on Wednesday, and a follow-up nourishment visit on Thursday and he went out of town on Friday, all in all kind of a bummer because he's in Texas for the next two weeks and so we won't be able to really teach him at all. We are keeping in contact with him via telephone though which is good.

Well, pray for me that I don't get hanged when I go back up to the ranch.

Love you guys, hope you're all enjoying life.

Talk to you next week.

Elder Harris

0 comments: