Monday we got the phone call that I would be leaving Sahuarita. In light of the conversation I had with President I guess he decided that it would be best if I moved on. Right now I'm in the Tucson East Stake serving in the Camino Principal and Hidden Valley Wards. Cool bit a trivia, the WML in the Hidden Valley Ward, Bro Call is actually the son-in-law to Elder Richard G Scott... yeah the apostle. That's my little claim to fame for the moment. My companion is Elder Larsen, he's from the Castle Dale 2nd ward (maybe grandma knows his family, he didn't recognize Wells at all), and he was Elder Burt's MTC companion. He's a good elder and he goes home at the end of next transfer.
On Tuesday my mind was set at ease about the whole blog thing. After talking to Bishop and Bro Bell they both said not to worry, "they need to get stirred up, maybe that'll get them thinking and praying" Brother bell said, and Bishop told me to call him in 10 years and he'll tell me what good came from the whole thing. Rhonda wasn't too upset either, she found it kind of funny. A similar thing happened the her once up on the ranch too and so she was fine with it, though she was pretty upset that I had to leave because of it. She had to cancel our appointment on Monday night because the ranch was having a big meeting about the blog. Really only a few people saw it, one of them being like the "ranch matron" and she was really pissed off. Tristan, Rhonda's husband, really respects her and so the missionaries are no longer welcome at his house but they can still teach Rhonda! yay! She's still getting baptized on the 12th!
I was telling the story to the Cluff's, a family in 2nd Ward and Sister Cluff was the RS president before 2nd and 4th wards split from each other. She knows all about the ranch and she found it quite funny. I told her I was leaving and she said "Oh man! You just got here!" and the she added, "all right so what did you do?". I went a little red and she laughed as I told her the story about the blog. After talking for a little bit her husband mentioned "well maybe thats why you came to Sahuarita, to get them fired up. The Lord needed someone with the blog and someone who could shrug it off and keep working, We'll miss you but you'll do great in the east stake, don't worry about it." Sahuarita is going to keep going good.
Right now in our area things are going great. They had a baptism on Saturday which was a great experience. The pianist didn't show up so I stumbled through I am a Child of God for them. It was pretty fun. Right now we're teaching quite a few people all of them with their own unique challenges.
Vianney (V-en-A) is from Somalia and really wants to get baptized. The only problem is he needs to be married and to get married he needs to pay a dowry of around 4 - 6 thousand dollars to his wife's parents so they can. His wife and her parents are both members and they will be fine if he gets married so he can get baptized but they'll basically think he's trash if he does, so he's trying to support a family, go to school and save for the dowry all at the same time... long process :(
Alice-Jean is a hillarious girl who also is in a tight situation. She really wants to get baptized but is living with a man. They aren't romantically involved in any way but she can't move out because CPS has her children and to get them back she needs to prove that she is stable and if she moves again she will be "unstable" and won't be able to get he kids back anytime soon. Really a bummer. She's looking for a job and so we'll hope that all works out.
Lincoln Lenox is getting baptized on the 26th on June and he is from a part member family.
Then Lisa and Taylor, a mother and 9 year-old daughter that we're teaching. They're really poor but are really loving the gospel. They are also getting baptized on the 26th of June.
There are a few others but they really aren't progressing yet.
Other than that everything is the same old same old.
Still love you guys and still can't believe how fast time is flying right on by.
Elder Harris
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
All is well in Sahuarita... But I'm no longer there :(
Posted by David at 7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment