Monday, August 30, 2010

Another new Companion!‏

So I'm really good at getting rid of my companions real quick. I've run out of lines in my Preach My Gospel to write their names. :( Elder Stevens went home on Saturday morning for his knee, so now I have new companion. His name is Elder Bertha (no joke that is his real last name) and he's from San Diego California. He's a visa waiter on his way to Puebla Mexico. He's a funny kid. He's been in the field for only two weeks and he's been a lot of fun. This also means that I'll probably be getting another new companion next transfer when President will most likely put him back into a spanish area so he can get ready for Mexico. I'm glad he's here. It's nice to be able to run and gun again. Elder Stevens wasn't really able to move very fast at all.

Marta was able to come to church on Sunday and she really enjoyed it. She's got it set up where she can come for the first half of sacrament meeting on a lunch break until she gets her schedule changed. She really enjoyed church and is excited to get baptized on September 25th. I'm excited too. She's been a fun investigator to teach.
Her daughter Jen slept through church because she was out partying all Saturday night. I'm so confused about her. She's really excited some times and others she's just blah. It's kind of frustrating.

We met a new friend this last week. Her name is Betty Yellowhair.... She's native American. She seems really interested but she seems to be YES! person. Says she agrees to everything and commits to everything but then hardly follows through. We'll see how it goes though.

A small miracle we had this week was with the McDaniel family. The McDaniels are a part-member family who have been taught by the missionaries for the last 2-3 years or so. They've never actually come to church though. They were in Texas for the summer and we met back up with them this last week. We talked for a little while and told them of our desire to help them go to the temple to be sealed as a fmaily. They didn't seem to commited but said they'd try to come to church. They weren't there for our next appointment, but Leah(she's the non-member) called the Bishop's office yesterday morning to find out when church was and came all by herself! It was so awesome. Her son was being fussy so she ended up leaving part way through which was a bummer, and we weren't able to meet up with them after church but the fact that they came is a miracle! I was excited.

Anyways. I hope all is well with everyone at home. Send my love and a big hug to Mel and tell her I'm sad I can't be there.

Love you guys

Elder Harris

0 comments: