Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Sorry I'm writing a little late but here I am! (holidays as a missionary are so lame)

Last week was a lot of the same stuff as usual. Marta is still doing awesome. This last week we taught her the Law of Tithing and she committed to live it even though she's struggling financially. She is so awesome.

Jen is still as volatile as ever. She got in a car crash this last week and was very adamant that night that she be baptized. Then she blew us off every night since then. Kind of lame, but oh well. You can't force anyone to do anything.

Not a whole lot else happened this last week. On Sunday we got a few referrals from Bishop Rustand and we're hoping that those play out. I'll let you know.

and finally a sad story

Yesterday my companion and I were planning on heading to Colossal Cave I've wanted to go to this cave for ever but not to many of my other companions wanted to :( Finally Elder Bertha was exicted to go too and we went. We drove about 30 miles from our place to Vail. (only reason it was 30 miles is there is no freeway system in Tucson... so annoying) When Elder Bertha and I were about 3 miles away from the park there was a sheriffs car parked in the middle of the road blocking access into the park. He said that the road was closed for a while and that we couldn't go up in. So we went back to Vail and hung out in Walgreens for about 45 min. While we were there we found out that someone had gotten into a car crash up near the park and had died, the passanger got out of the car and took off running and so they were searching for the passenger and that was why the road was closed... LAME! I was so mad. We drove the 30 miles back into Tucson and went back to the apartment. I ended up taking a 2 hour-long nap, which was nice but I would have rather gone hiking. We're going to try again this next week I think. We'll see.

Well love you lots. BYE!

Elder Harris

0 comments: