Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

So these last few weeks it's started to cool down here in Tucson. It's usually in the 40's in the morning and evening and gets up into the 70's during the day. My companion has been making fun of me because I'm so cold in the morning/evening. I'm going to freeze when I get home.

This last week was kind of a fun, one of our investigators, Gail, accepted a baptismal date for December 11th! She's doing really well, she came to church yesterday and really enjoyed it. Also one of our other investigators, Kathy, who has been investigating for 3 months is starting to make some progress. She likes a lot of the doctrine of the church but still isn't sure if it is the ONLY true church. Mostly I think she just doesn't want to give up her coffee. We had a great lesson with her and her fellowshipper and during the lesson I had a thought. I looked at Kathy and in a serious but loving way I quoted John 7:17 and told her that she could NEVER find out if this is the truth unless she tried living the word of wisdom. I bore testimony and promised her that if she lived it she would get her answer. Her response was "Damn Good Argument." It was so hard not to smile. I was trying to be all epic and she had to make me laugh just like Kathy always does. Anyways, she hasn't smoked for a few days and we think she's giving up the coffee too. I love teaching Kathy. She's so much fun. I know she knows it's true but for what ever reason she wants more. She's getting close though. Elder Wallis is especially excited. He's been teaching her for the past 3 months and she was one of the first investigators that he found on his mission. I hope she gets baptized before he has to leave. Anyways Life is good.

Hope you all have a great thanksgiving!

Love ya!

Elder Harris

0 comments: