The baptism on Saturday was awesome, but at first we were sweating a little though. Because they are re-tiling the North Stake Center font we had to do it at the Tucson Stake Center. Because of that, our baptismal candidate didn't show up until half and hour late and the person baptizing her, Bro Andrews (who doesn't have a cell phone), didn't show up at all. Even though I know we told both of them to make sure they went to the Tucson Stake center and not our normal ward chapel. Because Bro. Andrews never showed Elder Wallis had to fill in. Thankfully there was an extra towel in the bathroom but he was a little wet going home because he didn't have an extra change of garments. Bishop Stewart was convinced that I made Elder Wallis baptize for that reason. He's been bugging me everytime I see him since then and I don't think he's going to drop it anytime soon. I really just wanted Elder Wallis to have the opportunity to baptize her. My intentions were benign I swear.
One of our investigators, Kathy was able to attend with a mutual friend of both her and Gail's named Joyce. Elder Wallis made an interesting observation last night. Apparently when he and Elder Elton started teaching Kathy, Joyce would constantly tell her not to talk to us because we were from the devil, but over time she's mellowed out and realizes that we're not too bad. Which is good because when she found out that Gail was going to get baptized she tried to convince her not to. But Gail was able to tell her that it was what she really wanted and so Joyce gave her blessing. She seemed really skeptical at the baptism but after Elder Wallis and my talks on Baptism and the Holy Ghost, completely centered on Christ, plus the spirit that was there seemed to soften her. Kathy will be baptized soon and then it's a matter of time before Joyce is also baptized. I know it!
The temple trip this last week was also pretty awesome. I'm excited for you to see the Gila Valley Temple. It really is awesome. Tiny though, not much bigger than a stake center but still gorgeous inside.
Other fun stuff that is coming up here: President Walker invites all the missionaries in Tucson to his house on Christmas for a party so that should be cool. I didn't know that he did that because I was in Safford last Christmas. Also the North Stake is doing a presentation of "The Messiah". I heard them practicing last night and it was awesome. They have a 30 piece choir and 20 piece orchestra. It's a community thing and all the missionaries are going to be ushers and hopefully we'll find some investigators through it!
Other than that, not much else is going on.
Love you guys
Elder Harris
Monday, December 13, 2010
The Baptism on Saturday was Awesome
Posted by David at 2:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment