Hey everybody! This week has been crazy!
Alex and Rosa passed their interview and they're getting more and more excited for their baptism this Saturday! Israel is also going to be baptized this Saturday! He got off probation on Friday and so he had another interview on Sunday. This is where the story gets funny. Israel a lot of times goes to his sisters house on the other side of town and his sister works on Sundays, so for the last couple of Sundays he's been missing church. Well, he was stuck over there and we really had no way of getting ahold of him, we didn't have the exact address, only a general area, and his interview was in one hour. So me and a member take off and we're able to find him and get him back in time.
The funny part about the story has to do with my companion. While I was out running around trying to find Israel, my companion was back at church sitting with Alex and Rosa and waiting for Johnny to come so we could confirm him. Johnny shows up during the sacrament and so afterwards President Rob who was conducting the Ward Conference announced that Johnny would be confirmed by me (as planned)... the only problem I wasn't there. So he announced "Elder Harris if you're out in the foyer will you please come in for the confirmation." My companion goes up with all that had been invited and tells President Robb where I am so Pres. Robb asks him to do it. My companion didn't know what to say. President Robb explains it to him, and he forgets again, and again, so he had to say it in chunks but then President just told him to start over. His prayer was as follows "Johnny Ray Garcia, by the power and authority of the Mechizedeck Priesthood I confirm you a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and say recieve the Holy Ghost.... Amen" Most of the congregation found it quite humorous and we got a lot of crap for it when I finally got back. But it was a fun sunday.
Not only are those three ready for Saturday, but we also have 5 new investigators all preparing for baptism on the 19th of December! Brianna, Clarissa, Devin, and Mark are Johnny's Grandkids who have never been baptized and so we're working with them to get them baptized. After Johnny's baptism they're really excited to be baptized.
One of the Zone Leaders and I also found another part member family who had been inactive for 8 years and so they're youngest son was never baptized. Joshua is 13 and he is way excited to start coming to church and get baptized. His only complaint is that he doesn't have enough time to read the Book of Mormon! He's way awesome. His parents are also getting back to church which is good to see.
Elder Kikuchi's promises are already coming to pass!
I love you all so much and I love my mission just as much. I can't believe it's already almost been a year. No offense, but I don't want to come home :(
Love you
Elder Harris
Monday, November 23, 2009
Missing and In Action
Posted by David at 2:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment