So monday night I got a call from President Walker and he told me that he was stepping me down from district leader but he was making me a trainer!
My new companion's name is Elder Manumaleuna (manu-ma-leuna), yeah it took me a couple of hours to get it down. In lessons I still refer to him as my companion because I forget how to say his name. Elder M (there is already an Elder Manu in the mission so it's Elder M for short) was born and raised in LA, has lived in Alaska for the last two years, and his family is from Samoa. He's a really cool companion. He's fearless and is getting better at teaching the gospel. I'd send a picture but I don't have my cables.
We've had a lot of success so far. We've found a couple of new investigators who are preparing for baptism and things are still going well with Johnny and Israel. Adrianna was "uncomfortable" during the Law of Chastity lesson and we haven't seen her since :( we're not sure if she will be baptized this coming week.
The new investigators we've found are as follows: Monique is in her 20's and we found her tracting. She is very open to the gospel and has been prepared by the Lord. She's pregnant, so when we invited her to be baptized on the 28th of November she said, "well that's kind of close to my due date but I really want to be baptized." We told her we could move it around depending on her baby but she is really excited about her baptism.
The other is named Rosa. Rosa ran into some missionaries around town and was referred to us. We went and saw her and she is also prepared. She reminds me of Kathleen, in-active Catholic, driven away because of a divorce. We are going to be teaching her son and two granddaughters tonight. We're way excited for it. They are excited to learn as well. We also have a lot of potential investigators in the work.
Elder M and I will be so busy we won't know what to do. I'm not sure why but the area has just started to explode. When I got here we were lucky to get 5 lessons a week. now we're going to be teaching up in the mid to high 20's of lessons. The Lord is blessing us and I'm excited for all that is going on.
I love you all
Elder Harris
PS. I got all the spanish stuff and I appreciate it all. I'm learning basic conversation, teaching, and how to pray in spanish. My understanding spanish is alot better than my speaking it but it's getting better, I'm now able to contact people in spanish and they understand me.. for the most part. :) love you all thanks for all your support and prayers
PPS. What kind of baby is Vivian having?
Monday, November 2, 2009
My new companion? He's new all right!
Posted by David at 11:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I fell asleep last night too fast to write to him. . . I'll send one today and he'll know next week. For those who follow this blog and wonder, I'm having a girl!
Post a Comment